Monday, April 13, 2009

The "Tah-Da" List

I once read in a "helpful tips about motherhood" type of article that instead of having a "To-Do" list one should have a "Tah-Da" list. Instead of writing a list of all the things you have to get done in a day write down all the things that you accomplished. I have done that today. And I tell you what...I have finished more tasks today than I have in months and all before 1pm! I cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, both bedrooms, fixed two meals, put my 16 month old down for a nap, read an article, planned a dinner party, cleaned up all the Easter evidence, finished a pot of coffee and started a blog! Ok, I know what your thinking...on a pot of coffee of course all that's possible! But i have a high tolerance for caffeine. I just have a problem with authority and there is something very authoritarian about a "To-Do" list. The "Tah-da" list somehow changed my mindset and made the chores for the day into a game..a relay race...whatever works right??

No comments:

Post a Comment